Sometimes we want to say – it’s easier said then done. BUT, I can honestly say – it is easier to be happier then negative.
Today is about being happy – and helping you practice happiness.
Did you know that the act of smiling actually raises your endorphins, and sparks motivation. It makes others, who witness a smile, have a “feeling” response – simply because they saw someone smiling. That natural wonderment of “why is that person smiling” is a desired need in everyone’s life. We all want it, happiness that is, but sometimes don’t know how to get it.
Throughout the day I want you to practice smiling with your eyes. You know, that warm smile that comes over your face without showing off your pearly whites.
Now you may be saying to yourself, “I’m just not in the mood, nor feel happy today.” Then my friend, this is why it is important that you simply don’t just try – but you do it. Practicing this throughout the day will raise happiness within you and spark a difference in your life. Watch how others respond to you. It might actually make you laugh. I practice this often. If only I had a camera to capture the funny faces people respond with when they see a happy face – it in it self will make you smile.
So go on – be happy. It will change you, and certainly change others around you. You just have to commit to the act of being happy – and YOU will experience happier moments in life.
Here are 10 inspiring quotes of happiness to get you off to a good start today.
1. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” Buddha
2. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” Unknown
3. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” Albert Camus
4. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” Stacey Charter
5. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” Dale Carnegie
6. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” Epictetus
7. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig
8. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” Oscar Wilde
Written by, Didiayer Snyder