Take a big tablespoon of raw coconut oil, swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes, spit it out and Tadaaa! You have followed an ancient Ayurvedic practice of oil pulling and you can instantly start enjoying the miraculous benefits! Science today confirms what the yogis have been teaching for thousands of years – oil pulling is an exceptional way to cleanse the mouth, whiten teeth and detoxify the body.
The benefits of Oil Pulling:
- Whitens teeth & removes plaque. I have seen a difference after 4 consecutive days.
- Strengthens gums & heals gingivitis. If you have sensitive gums or teeth, give it a try!
- Removes bacteria, parasites, toxins & fungus that live in your mouth and lymph system.
- Prevents bad breath
- Clears up congestion in the sinuses and throat (instantly!)
- Clears up acne and skin problems like psoriasis
- Relieves symptoms of Arthritis
- PMS, Menopause and hormonal balance
- Alleviates Allergies
- Increases energy
- Improves mental clarity
- Decreases headaches
- Relieves constipation
How to do it:
- Best time to do it is first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- Take a tablespoon of raw virgin coconut, cold pressed sesame or sunflower oil and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes.
- Do not swallow – it is pulling out toxins.
- Spit it out into the toilet so you don’t clog your sink. It should be white and foamy.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Brush your teeth.
So start oil pulling! You will love it. It is such an affordable and effective way to create oral health and to benefit your whole body. If 20 minutes sounds like a lot of time, do it while you shower or take care of other morning tasks. And please share your experience with us and other readers!
Written By AHWD Wellness Expert, Marysia Miernowska.