Ever wonder what you can do with all the empty jars you have left after cooking? It is always good to recycle but why not upcylce them instead? Today I want to share with you 2 simple ways to creatively decorate those jars!
- Small toy animal
- Metal glue
- Spray Paint
- Apply metal glue to the bottom of the animal and place animal on top of the jar. Allow to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Once dry, take the jar top that now has the animal on it outside to spray paint it. Make sure you are in an open area and wearing your mask.
- Allow paint to dry completely and attach your lid to the jar.
- Scrapbooking paper
- Glue (Modge Podge is recommended)
- Place jar lid onto scrapbooking paper and trace around it.
- Take lid and stand it on it’ side and mark around your circle to allow for extra paper to cover the entire lid.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Taking your scissors, make small slits all the way around the circle.
- Fold tabs down around the jar.
- Remove lid and apply glue to the inside of your pattern.
- Place lid onto pattern and continue to generously apply glue all over the paper (including the top).
- Set aside and allow to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply the lid to the jar and label it if you like.
And there you have it, 2 simple ways to upcyle those jars you have sitting around waiting to be recycled!
Featured image from Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249386898092306071/